What it is:
Caterpillar Oxidation Catalysts help lower any engine's emissions through chemical reactions that convert carbon monoxide, hydrocarbons and aldehydes into carbon dioxide and water.
How it works:
A catalyst assembly (available in rectangular and cylindrical profiles depending on the engine application) is installed in line with the exhaust system of a stationary engine. Exhaust flows through a stainless housing containing a foil coated with the catalyst, where chemical reactions work to minimize engine emissions.
What it does:
- Carbon monoxide reduction up to 93% in natural gas engines*
- Carbon monoxide reduction up to 70% in diesel engines*
- Hydrocarbon reduction up to 40% in both natural gas and diesel engines*
- Caterpillar Warranty of 1 year from time of sale or 8,000 hours of operation
* In engines 500hp or higher and running at temperatures between 315°C to 705°C
* No consumables