Use of Site
- Access, acquire, copy or monitor any portion of any Site, or in any way reproduce or circumvent the navigational structure or presentation of any Site, to obtain or attempt to obtain any materials, documents or information through any means not purposely made available through any Site, including through the use of any "deep-link", "page-scrape", "robot", "spider" or other automatic device, program, algorithm or methodology, or any similar or equivalent manual process.
- Attempt to gain unauthorized access to any portion or feature of any Site, or any other systems or networks connected to any Site or to any server, including by hacking, password "mining" or any other illegitimate means.
- Probe, scan or test the vulnerability of any Site or any network connected to any Site, nor breach the security or authentication measures on any Site or any network connected to any Site.
- Reverse look-up, trace or seek to trace any information on any other user of or visitor to any Site, or any other customer of HOC Holdings, including but not limited to personal identification or information.
- Take any action that imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on the infrastructure of any Site or HOC Holdings’ systems or networks, or any systems or networks connected to any Site or to HOC Holdings.
- Use any device, software or routine to interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of any Site, any transaction being conducted on any Site, or with any other person's use of any Site.
- Distribute viruses or any other technologies that may harm HOC Holdings or the interests of property any other person or entity, including any other user of any Site.
- Circumvent or manipulate our fee structure, the billing process or fees owed to HOC Holdings, its customers or its business associates.
- Forge or manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any message or transmittal you send to HOC Holdings on or through any Site.
- Pretend that you are, or that you represent, someone else, or impersonate any other individual or entity.
Intellectual Property Rights
- That HOC Holdings owns or licenses any and all rights under patent law, copyright law, trade secret law, trademark law, and any and all other proprietary or moral rights, and any and all applications, renewals, extensions and restorations thereof, now or hereafter in force and effect worldwide ("Intellectual Property Rights") in connection with or relating to the Sites and Content, including but not limited to the design, structure, selection, coordination, expression, "look and feel" and arrangement of such Content or contained on the Sites ("HOC Holdings IP").
- That you have no right, license, or interest in any Intellectual Property Rights in connection with or relating to any Site or Content.
- HOC Holdings owns all right, title and interest in and to any replacements, improvements, updates, enhancements, derivative works and other modifications (including, without limitation, the incorporation of any ideas, methods or processes provided by or through you) to HOC Holdings IP made by any person, even if paid for by you and regardless of whether or not they are similar to any of your Intellectual Property Rights. You will undertake any and all action necessary to vest such ownership in HOC Holdings, including without limitation assigning (and you hereby assign) to HOC Holdings all rights in and to such Intellectual Property Rights, including, without limitation, patent applications, patents, moral rights and copyrights arising from or relating to any Site or Content.
- No part of any Site or Content may be copied, reproduced, republished, uploaded, posted, publicly displayed, encoded, translated, transmitted or distributed in any way (including "mirroring") to any other computer, server, website or other medium for publication or distribution or for any commercial enterprise, without HOC Holdings’ express prior written consent.
- That all marks that appear throughout the Sites and Content belong to HOC Holdings, or the respective owners of such marks, and are protected by U.S. and international trademark and copyright laws. Any use of any of such marks without the express written consent of HOC Holdings or the owner of the mark, as appropriate, is strictly prohibited.
- HOC Holdings may, at its sole discretion, disable and terminate access to the Sites and Content by any persons or entity that may be infringing the Intellectual Property Rights of HOC Holdings or others.
Grant of License
You may not:
- Reproduce, modify, publish, distribute, publicly display, adapt, alter, translate, or create derivative works from any Site or Content.
- Sublicense, lease, sell, rent, loan, or otherwise transfer any Site or Content to any third party.
- Reverse engineer, de‑compile, disassemble, or otherwise attempt to derive the source code for any Site or Content.
- Use any Site or Content in a "service bureau" or similar structure whereby third parties obtain use of any Site or Content through you.
- Remove, obscure, or alter any copyright, trademark, or other proprietary notices embedded in, affixed to or accessed in conjunction with any Site or Content.
HOC Holdings respects the rights of all copyright holders and in this regard, HOC Holdings has adopted and implemented a policy that provides for the removal from its Sites of materials that infringe the rights of copyright holders. If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide HOC Holdings’ Copyright Agent all of the following information required by the Online Copyright Infringement Liability Limitation Act of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, 17 U.S.C. § 512:
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
- Identification of the copyright work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single on-line site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site.
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material.
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit us to contact the complaining party.
- A statement that the complaining party has a good-faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
HOC Holdings’ Copyright Agent for notice of claims of copyright infringement on or regarding this site can be reached as follows:
Copyright Agent – Attn. Marketing
7310 Pacific Ave
Pleasant Grove, CA 95668
By accessing or using any Site, you confirm that you have received a copy of the specific Privacy Notice applicable to such Site (available from the Site) and that you understand and agree that your personal information will be collected, shared, and otherwise processed in accordance with the Privacy Notice and Privacy Statement.
Interactive Forums and User Materials
- Upload to, distribute or otherwise publish through any Site any message, data, information, text or other material ("User Materials") that is unlawful, libelous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, indecent, lewd, harassing, threatening, harmful, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, abusive, inflammatory or otherwise objectionable.
- Upload or transmit any User Materials that would constitute or encourage a criminal offense, violate the rights of any party, or that would otherwise create liability or violate any local, state, national, or international law.
- Upload or transmit any User Materials that may infringe any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other intellectual or proprietary right of any party. By posting any User Content, you represent and warrant that you have the lawful right to distribute and reproduce such User Materials.
- Without HOC Holdings’ written permission, distribute or publish unsolicited promotions, advertising or solicitations for funds, goods or services, including junk mail and spam.
- HOC Holdings takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any User Materials posted or uploaded by you or any third party, or for any mistakes, defamation, slander, libel, omissions, falsehoods, obscenity, pornography or profanity you may encounter. As a provider of interactive services, if any, HOC Holdings is only a forum and is not liable for any statements, representations, or User Materials provided by its users.
HOC Holdings has the right, but not the obligation, to monitor any activity and User Materials associated with its forums and interactive areas. HOC Holdings may investigate any reported violation of its policies or complaints and take any appropriate action that it deems appropriate. Such action may include, but is not limited to, issuing warnings, suspension or termination of service, and/or removal of posted User Materials. HOC Holdings reserves the right and has absolute discretion, to remove, screen or edit any User Materials that violate these provisions or is otherwise objectionable.
You shall remain solely liable for of any messages or other User Materials you upload or transmit to any Site, including the discussion forums or interactive areas of any Site.
The Content contained within press releases issued by HOC Holdings should not be deemed accurate or current except as of the date the release was posted. HOC Holdings has no intention of updating, and specifically disclaims any duty to update, the information in the press releases. To the extent any information therein is forward-looking, it is intended to fit within the safe harbor for forward-looking statements, and is subject to material risk.
Limitation of Liability; Remedy
Certain laws do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or the exclusion or limitation of certain damages. If these laws apply, some or all of the above disclaimers, exclusions, or limitations, may not apply to you, and you may have additional rights to those contained herein.
The Sites may contain links to other independent third-party Web sites or resources ("Linked Sites"). These Linked Sites are provided solely as a convenience to you. Such Linked Sites are not under HOC Holdings’ control, and HOC Holdings is not responsible for and does not endorse the content of such Linked Sites, including any information or materials contained on such Linked Sites. You will need to make your own independent judgment regarding your interaction with these Linked Sites.
Import and Export Compliance
You may not use or otherwise export or re-export the Sites or Content except as authorized by United States law and the laws of the jurisdiction in which Site, Content and Service Offerings was obtained. In particular, but without limitation, the Sites and Content may not be exported or re-exported (a) into any U.S. embargoed countries or (b) to anyone on the U.S. Treasury Department's list of Specially Designated Nationals or the U.S. Department of Commerce Denied Person's List or Entity List. You represent and warrant that your access and use of the Sites and Content will not violate any such laws and that you are not located in any such country or on any such list. You also agree that you will not use any Site or Content for any purposes prohibited by United States law, including, without limitation, the development, design, manufacture or production of nuclear, missiles, or chemical or biological weapons.
U.S. Government Rights
The Sites and Content are "Commercial Items", as that term is defined at 48 C.F.R. §2.101, consisting of "Commercial Computer Software" and "Commercial Computer Software Documentation", as such terms are used in 48 C.F.R. §12.212 or 48 C.F.R. §227.7202, as applicable. Consistent with 48 C.F.R. §12.212 or 48 C.F.R. §227.7202-1 through 227.7202-4, as applicable, the Commercial Computer Software and Commercial Computer Software Documentation are being licensed to U.S. Government end users (a) only as Commercial Items and (b) with only those rights as are granted to all other end users pursuant to the terms and conditions herein.
Contractual Statute of Limitations
Dispute Resolution and Mandatory Arbitration
The place of arbitration shall be Sacramento County, California. The arbitration shall be governed by the laws of the State of California. Hearings will take place pursuant to the standard procedures of the Commercial Arbitration Rules that contemplate in person hearings. Time is of the essence for any arbitration under this agreement and arbitration hearings shall take place within 90 days of filing and awards rendered within 120 days. Arbitrator(s) shall agree to these limits prior to accepting appointment. The arbitrators will have no authority to award punitive or other damages not measured by the prevailing party's actual damages, except as may be required by statute. The arbitrator(s) shall not award consequential damages in any arbitration initiated under this section. Any award in an arbitration initiated under this clause shall be limited to monetary damages and shall include no injunction or direction to any party other than the direction to pay a monetary amount. The standard provisions of the Commercial Arbitration Rules shall apply. Arbitrators will have the authority to allocate the costs of the arbitration process among the parties, but will only have the authority to allocate attorneys' fees if a particular law permits them to do so. The award of the arbitrators shall be accompanied by a reasoned opinion. Except as may be required by law, neither a party nor an arbitrator may disclose the existence, content, or results of any arbitration hereunder without the prior written consent of both parties. The parties agree that failure or refusal of a party to pay its required share of the deposits for arbitrator compensation or administrative charges shall constitute a waiver by that party to present evidence or cross-examine witness. In such event, the other party shall be required to present evidence and legal argument as the arbitrator(s) may require for the making of an award. Such waiver shall not allow for a default judgment against the non-paying party in the absence of evidence presented as provided for above. Notwithstanding any language to the contrary, the parties hereby agree that the Underlying Award may be appealed pursuant to the AAA's Optional Appellate Arbitration Rules ("Appellate Rules"); that the Underlying Award rendered by the arbitrator(s) shall, at a minimum, be a reasoned award; and that the Underlying Award shall not be considered final until after the time for filing the notice of appeal pursuant to the Appellate Rules has expired. Appeals must be initiated within thirty (30) days of receipt of an Underlying Award, as defined by Rule A-3 of the Appellate Rules, by filing a Notice of Appeal with any AAA office. Following the appeal process the decision rendered by the appeal tribunal may be entered in any court having jurisdiction thereof.
Choice of Law; Severability
We recognize that it is possible for you to obtain access to this site from any jurisdiction in the world, but we have no practical ability to prevent such access. This site has been designed to comply with the laws of the States of California and Oregon, and of the United States. If any Content or User Materials on any Site, or your use of any Site, is contrary to the laws of the place where you are when you access it, the site is not intended for you, and we ask you not to use the site. You are responsible for informing yourself of the laws of your jurisdiction and complying with them.