On Highway Truck Service
Holt of California is your complete truck service center. Not only do we fully support the Caterpillar Truck Engine series that has previously been released, we also offer full support for ALL on-highway truck engines of all brands.
For more than 40 years, Holt of California has been offering parts and services to both regional and long haul truck drivers. Our factory-trained service technicians and support staff are conveniently located at three of our stores throughout the California Central Valley (West Sacramento, Stockton & Los Banos) to keep your trucks running at peak performance.
Why should you choose Holt of California for your On-Highway Truck Engine Service?
- We do B.I.T. Inspections: Brakes, Drive Trains, Electrical, Air Conditioning, Etc
- Certified Caterpillar Engine Technicians can service all makes and models. (Cat, Detroit, Cummins, and more)
- We Offer Complete Truck and Chassis Repair
- State of the art tooling, including a Chassis Dyno
Our normal service hours are Monday thru Friday, 7:30 AM to 5:00 PM. We can also be reached through our afterhour's phone system in the case of an emergency. Simply call the store nearest you to reach our afterhours system.
We have expert technicians available to help you with all your Caterpillar On-Highway Truck Engine issues, problems and technical questions.
Holt of California's factory-trained service technicians have varying levels of experience servicing or repairing not only Caterpillar engines, but many of the other popular major manufacturers of diesel engine systems as well. Plus, each shop is manned by the best factory-trained service technicians dedicated solely to their specific area of expertise. An experience Technical Communicator is also available to assist with Applied Failure Analysis report and we have an Emissions Solutions specialist available to assist you with DPF Retrofits.
Overall, our truck engine shop capabilities range from smoke opacity testing and oil sampling to comprehensive engine diagnostics, tune-ups, complete in-frame overhauls and repowers. Each of our shops is equipped with the latest in diagnostic tooling, including strip chart recorders, boroscope inspections, reactive/resistive load banks and two Superflo chassis dynamometers for advanced testing using CAT's PAR system (Power Analysis Report).
Some of On-Highway Truck Engine Available Services Include:
- General Engine Service
- General Mechanical Repair
- A full range of replacement filters
- Air conditioning service and repair
- Dynamometer analysis and diagnostic checks
- Oil Sampling Analysis (SOS)
- A full range of in-house fluids analysis
- Full synthetic Cat Diesel Oil
- Extended Life Coolant (ELC)
- Radiator repair
- Welding and Metal Fabricating
- Complete steam cleaning
- Custom Hydraulic Service (CHS)
- Complete hydraulic repair
- Hydraulic hose assemblies
- Custom engineering for specialized needs
- PAR Dyno Test
- Smoke Opacity Test
- B.I.T. Inspections - Tractor
- Motor-home Chassis Repair
- Motor-home Maintenance Agreements
- B.I.T. Inspections - Trailer
- Overhead Adjustments (3116 Mechanical, 3126/C7)
- Overhead Adjustments (3176/C10/C12/C15/3406E)
- Overhead Adjustments (C11/C13/C15/C16, 3406 B/C)
- Dyno Test - STD. Test w/report.
- Diagnostic Test (Minimum 1 hr. shop labor)
- Complete Truck Chassis Repair
- And much more...
Effective as of January 2012, Cat has decided to no longer supply new on-highway engines for use in the United States (EPA 2010 Emissions Ratings). When all of the truck manufacturers announced plans to offer their own diesel engines by 2010, Cat decided the time had come for a new approach to the On-Highway Truck business. Through an alliance with Navistar, Cat made plans to create a line of Cat On-Highway Heavy Duty Vocational Trucks. The first of this line, the Cat CT660, debuted at CONEXPO in March 2011.
Despite this change in direction from Caterpillar, Holt of California is still committed to supporting Cat-powered trucks currently in use in North America through our service shops as well as the various truck service centers that also service Cat engines.
Our service department has the capabilities to keep your trucks rolling. Stop in to one of our stores in West Sacramento, Stockton, or Los Banos for your next truck service.