California Collection Notice
- Category: Uncategorised
HOLT OF CALIFORNIA NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
Effective as of May 12, 2020
Last Updated January 1, 2023
The CCPA defines “personal information” to mean information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular California resident or household. Personal information does not include publicly available, deidentified or aggregated information or lawfully obtained, truthful information that is a matter of public concern. For purposes of this Notice we will refer to this information as “Personal Information.”
Notice at Collection of Personal Information
We currently collect and, in the 12 months prior to the Last Updated Date of this Notice, have collected the following categories of Personal Information:
- Identifiers (name, alias, postal address, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, Social Security number, driver’s license, passport number, other similar identifiers)
- Unique personal identifiers (device identifier; cookies, beacons, pixel tags, mobile ad identifiers, or other similar technology)
- Other type of state identification card number
- Telephone number
- Bank account number
- Credit and debit card number
- Insurance policy number
- Other financial information
- Insurance policy number or subscriber identification number
- Internet or other electronic network activity information (browsing history; search history; and information regarding consumer’s interaction with website, application or advertisement)
- Geolocation data
- Commercial information (records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained or considered; other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies; or other commercial information)
- Education information
- Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information
We collect Personal Information directly from California residents and from Caterpillar Inc., business affiliates or contractors, credit reference agencies, public databases, advertising networks, internet service providers, data analytics providers, government entities, operating systems and platforms, and social networks. We do not collect all categories of Personal Information from each source.
- Auditing related to counting ad impressions to unique visitors, verifying positioning and quality of ad impressions, and auditing compliance with this specification and other standards
- Helping to ensure security and integrity to the extent the use of your Personal Information is reasonably necessary and proportionate for these purposes
- Short-term, transient use, including, but not limited to, non personalized advertising shown as part of your current interaction with us, provided that your Personal Information is not disclosed to another third party and is not used to build a profile about you or otherwise alter your experience outside the current interaction with us
- Performing services, including maintaining or servicing accounts, providing customer service, processing or fulfilling orders and transactions, verifying customer information, processing payments, providing financing, providing analytic services, or providing similar services
- Providing advertising and marketing services, except for cross-context behavioral advertising, to you
- Undertaking internal research for technological development and demonstration
- Advancing our commercial or economic interests, such as by inducing another person to buy, rent, or lease products or goods or enabling or effecting, directly or indirectly, a commercial transaction
Sale, Sharing, and Disclosure of Personal Information
The following table identifies the categories of Personal Information that we sold or shared to third parties in the 12 months preceding the Last Updated Date of this Notice and, for each category, the categories of third parties to whom we sold or shared Personal Information:
|Category of Personal Information||Categories of Third Parties|
|Cookies, beacons, pixel tags, mobile ad identifiers, or other similar technology; geolocation; information regarding consumer’s interaction with website, application, or advertisement||Marketing providers, data analytics provider; advertising networks|
The following table identifies the categories of Personal Information that we disclosed for a business purpose in the 12 months preceding the Last Updated Date of this Notice and, for each category, the categories of recipients to whom we disclosed Personal Information.
|Category of Personal Information||Categories of Recipients|
|Online identifier, Internet Protocol address||Cloud data storage, software providers, email providers|
|Name, address, telephone number. email address, records or products purchased||Original equipment manufacturers|
|Name, address, telephone number||Shipping providers|
|Insurance policy number and subscriber identification number||Business partners|
|Bank account number, credit and debit card numbers, other financial information||Support service providers (e.g., credit card processing, customer service)|
Insurance policy number and subscriber identification number Business partners
Bank account number, credit and debit card numbers, other financial information Support service providers (e.g., credit card processing, customer service)
We disclosed Personal Information for all of the business and commercial purposes described above. We do not knowingly collect or sell or share the Personal Information of minor consumers under 16 years of age. We do not collect or process sensitive personal information for the purpose of inferring characteristics about individuals or use sensitive personal information for purposes other than those allowed by the CCPA and its regulations.
Retention of Personal Information
We retain your Personal Information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which we collect it, such as to provide you with the service you have requested, and for the purpose of satisfying any legal, accounting, contractual, or reporting requirements that apply to us.
If you are a California resident, you have the following rights with respect to your Personal Information:
- The right to know what Personal Information we have collected about you, including the categories of Personal Information, the categories of sources from which we collected Personal Information, the business or commercial purpose for collecting, selling or sharing Personal Information (if applicable), the categories of third parties to whom we disclose Personal Information (if applicable), and the specific pieces of Personal Information we collected about you;
- The right to delete Personal Information that we collected from you, subject to certain exceptions;
- The right to correct inaccurate Personal Information that we maintain about you;
- If we sell or share Personal Information, the right to opt out of the sale or sharing;
- If we use or disclose sensitive Personal Information for purposes other than those allowed by the CCPA and its regulations, the right to limit our use or disclosure; and
- The right not to receive discriminatory treatment by us for the exercise of privacy rights the CCPA confers.
How to Submit a Request to Know, Delete, and/or Correct
If you are submitting a request on behalf of a California resident, please submit the request through one of the designated methods discussed above. After submitting the request, we will require additional information to verify your authority to act on behalf of the California resident.
Our Process for Verifying a Request to Know, or Delete, and/or Correct
We will comply with your request upon verification of your identity and, to the extent applicable, the identity of the California resident on whose behalf you are making such request. We will verify your identity either to a “reasonable degree of certainty” or a “reasonably high degree of certainty” depending on the sensitivity of the Personal Information and the risk of harm to you by unauthorized disclosure, deletion, or correction as applicable.
For requests to access categories of Personal Information and for requests to delete or correct Personal Information that is not sensitive and does not pose a risk of harm by unauthorized deletion or correction, we will verify your identity to a “reasonable degree of certainty” by verifying at least two data points that you previously provided to us and which we have determined to be reliable for the purpose of verifying identities.
For requests to access specific pieces of Personal Information or for requests to delete or correct Personal Information that is sensitive and poses a risk of harm by unauthorized deletion or correction, we will verify your identity to a “reasonably high degree of certainty” by verifying at least three pieces of Personal Information you previously provided to us and which we have determined to be reliable for the purpose of verifying identities. In addition, you must submit a signed declaration under penalty of perjury stating that you are the individual whose Personal Information is being requested.
Right to Opt Out of Sale or Sharing of Personal Information
If you are a California resident, you have the right to direct us to stop selling or sharing your Personal Information.
Shine the Light Law
We do not disclose personal information obtained through our Site or Services to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. Accordingly, we have no obligations under California Civil Code § 1798.83.
We are committed to ensuring this Notice is accessible to individuals with disabilities. If you wish to access this Notice in an alternative format, please contact us as described below.
How to Contact Us
- Category: Uncategorised
Effective and last updated date: January 25, 2023
- COOKIES AND ONLINE TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES WE USE
- HOW YOU CAN MANAGE COOKIES
- HOW TO CONTACT US
1. COOKIES AND ONLINE TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES WE USE
“Cookies” are small files of information that are stored by your web browser software on your computer hard drive, mobile or other devices (e.g., smartphones or tablets).
We may use the following types of Cookies:
Strictly Necessary Cookies
These Cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you which amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these Cookies, but some parts of the Site will not then work. These Cookies do not store any personally identifiable information.
These Cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve the performance of our Site. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the Site. If you do not allow these Cookies we will not know when you have visited our Site and will not be able to monitor its performance.
These Cookies enable the website to provide enhanced functionality and personalization. They may be set by us or by third party providers whose services we have added to our pages. If you do not allow these Cookies, then some or all of the Services may not function properly.
These Cookies may be set through our Site by our advertising partners. They may be used by those companies to build a profile of your interests and show you relevant advertisements on other websites. If you do not allow these Cookies, you will experience less targeted advertising.
2. HOW YOU CAN MANAGE COOKIES
Cookies can be blocked by changing your Internet browser settings to refuse all or some Cookies. If you choose to block all Cookies (including essential Cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of the Site.
You can find out more about Cookies and how to manage them by visiting www.AllAboutCookies.org.
You can opt out of Cookies set by specific entities by following the instructions found at these links:
- Adobe: https://www.adobe.com/privacy/opt-out.html
- Google: https://adssettings.google.com
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/about/ads
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/psettings/guest-controls/retargeting-opt-out
- Microsoft: https://account.microsoft.com/privacy/ad-settings/
Advertising Industry Resources
You can understand which entities have currently enabled Cookies for your browser or mobile device and how to opt-out of some of those Cookies by accessing the Network Advertising Initiative’s website or the Digital Advertising Alliance’s website. For more information on mobile specific opt-out choices, visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s Mobile Choices website.
Please note that these opt-out mechanisms are specific to the device or browser on which they are exercised. Therefore, you will need to opt out on every browser and device that you use.
3. HOW TO CONTACT US
- Category: Uncategorised
Please complete this form for your equipment service needs.
You can expect to hear from us within 2 business hours, Monday through Friday, 7:30 AM to 4 PM when you complete the below form.
Or call (888) 874-5505
Request Service Thank You
- Category: Uncategorised
Thank you for contacting Holt of California for your equipment service needs. You can expect to hear from us regarding your request within 2 business hours, Monday-Friday 7:30 AM to 4 PM.
If this is after hours and an emergency, please call us at: 888-874-5505.
- Category: Uncategorised