D7E Track-Type TractorGet A Quote
Since the introduction of the D7E dozer, customers worldwide have saved millions of liters/gallons of diesel fuel and reduced overall emissions.* The D7E features an innovative diesel-electric power train that helps you save money by getting more work done while using significantly less fuel. Electric drive gives you the power you need for dozing, along with the smooth operation and agile maneuverability suited to a wide variety of applications. The new D7E meets Tier 4 Final/Stage IV/Japan 2014 (Tier 4 Final) emission standards. *Compared to the D7R2.
- Operating Weight
- 57441.0 lb
- Shipping Weight
- 48402.0 lb
- Operating Weight – STD SU
- 57441.0 lb
- Shipping Weight – LGP
- 53649.0 lb
- Operating Weight – LGP S
- 62886.0 lb
- Engine Model
- Cat® C9.3 ACERT™
- Flywheel Power
- 238.0 hp
- 4.5 in
- 5.9 in
- 567.0 in3
- Engine Power (Maximum) – ISO 14396
- 266.0 hp
- Engine Power (Maximum) – ISO 14396 (DIN)
- 270.0 hp
- Engine Power (Maximum) – SAE J1995
- 270.0 hp
- Global Emissions
- Tier 4 Final/Stage IV/Japan 2014 (Tier 4 Final)
- Net Power (Maximum) – ISO 9249/SAE J1349
- 251.0 hp
- Net Power (Maximum) – ISO 9249/SAE J1349 (DIN)
- 254.0 hp
- Net Power (Rated) – ISO 9249/SAE J1349
- 238.0 hp
- Net Power (Rated) – ISO 9249/SAE J1349 (DIN)
- 241.0 hp
- Beam Cross Section
- 14.0 in
- Each Additional Shank
- 330.0 lb
- Maximum Penetration Force
- 19639.0 lb
- Pocket Spacing
- 35.4 in
- Pryout Force
- 52695.0 lb
- Ramp Angle
- 26.0 Degrees
- Shank Gauge
- 70.9 in
- Shank Section
- 72 mm × 228 mm (2.8 in × 9.0 in)
- Weight – With One Shank
- 3572.0 lb
- Number of Pockets
- Overall Beam Width
- 82.2 in
- Maximum Clearance Raised (under tip, pinned in bottom hole)
- 23.1 in
- Maximum Penetration
- 25.6 in
- Falling Object Protective Structure (FOPS) meets the following criteria: ISO 3449:2005 Level II
- Rollover Protective Structure (ROPS) meets the following criteria: ISO 3471:2008
- ANSI/SAE J1166 OCT98
- Crawler Machine Brake Requirements meets the following criteria: ISO 10265:2008
- AC Compressor Maximum Input Current
- 12.0 amps
- AC Compressor Nominal Input Voltage
- 320.0 volts
- AC Generator and Propulsion Module Voltage
- 480.0 volts
- Electric Drive
Service Refill Capacities
- Fuel Tank
- 108.0 gal
- Cooling System
- 22.5 gal
- Engine Crankcase
- 8.0 gal
- Final Drives (each)
- 7.0 gal
- Pivot Shaft Compartment
- 1.8 gal
- Hydraulic Tank
- 20.0 gal
- Final Drive (LGP each)
- 9.0 gal
- 16.0 gal
Hydraulic Controls – Maximum Operating Pressure
- 4000.0 psi
- Tilt Cylinder
- 4000.0 psi
- Ripper (Lift)
- 4000.0 psi
- Ripper (Pitch)
- 4000.0 psi
- 5950.0 psi
- Cable Ferrule Size (O.D. × Length)
- 60 mm × 65 mm (2.38 in × 2.56 in)
- Installed Weight
- 3350.0 lb
- Maximum Bare Drum Line Pull
- 90000.0 lb
- Maximum Bare Drum Line Speed
- 70.0 ft/min
- Maximum Full Drum Line Pull
- 57000.0 lb
- Maximum Full Drum Line Speed
- 116.0 ft/min
- Overall Width
- 43.0 in
- Rope Diameter (recommended)
- 1.0 in
- Throat Clearance
- 8.6 in
- 3350.0 lb
- Winch Case Length
- 43.7 in
- Winch Case Width
- 32.5 in
- Winch Drive
- Winch Length
- 43.9 in
- Winch Model
- Oil Capacity
- 3.2 gal
- Winch and Bracket Length
- 93.9 in
- Increased Tractor Length – STD
- 93.9 in
- Increased Tractor Length – LGP
- 93.9 in
- Drum Diameter
- 12.5 in
- Drum Width
- 8.9 in
- Flange Diameter
- 24.0 in
- Drum Capacity – 24 mm (1 in)
- 203.0 ft
- Drum Capacity – 29 mm (1.13 in)
- 185.0 ft
- Ferrule Size (O.D. × Length)
- 60 mm × 65 mm (2.38 in × 2.56 in)
Hydraulic Controls – Pump
- Pump Output – Implement
- 52.8 gal/min
- Pump Output – Steering
- 82.4 gal/min
- Pump Type
- Piston, Variable Displacement
- Tilt Cylinder Flow – Head End Flow
- 24.6 gal/min
- Tilt Cylinder Flow – Rod End Flow
- 17.4 gal/min
- Lift Cylinder Flow
- 52.8 gal/min
- Ripper Cylinder Flow
- 52.8 gal/min
Hydraulic Controls – Main Relief Valve
- Pressure Setting – Steering
- 4000.0 psi
Power and Performance
Built to get the job done with less
Note: Productivity, efficiency and owning/operating cost compared to previous D7R2 model.
A revolutionary Electric Drive system is designed to deliver quantum leaps in improved productivity and fuel efficiency. The D7E is up to 30 percent more fuel efficient than the D7R2. Better fuel economy plus greater productivity means you can move up to 35 percent more material per gallon/liter of fuel. And the D7E is more productive – moving 10 percent more material per hour. Fewer moving parts, less fuel and fluid and longer service intervals help reduce lifetime owning and operating costs.
Advanced Electronics Control the Power
Electric generator, power inverter and propulsion module replace traditional components like a torque converter and transmission. A Cat C9.3 ACERT engine turns a powerful electric generator that efficiently converts mechanical energy into AC electrical current.
Electric Propulsion Powers the Final Drives
Current from the generator flows through specially armored cables and military grade connectors to a solid-state power inverter. Advanced electronics send AC current to the propulsion module to control the motors and provides DC current for the accessory systems. The propulsion module, featuring state-of?the-art AC electric motors, delivers well-modulated torque via axles to the final drives.
Fully Sealed and Liquid Cooled
Drive train electrical components are fully sealed, so the D7E can safely operate in a wide range of dozing conditions. Liquid cooling ensures that the electric drive components deliver peak performance in extreme-temperature conditions.
Differential steering combines with electric drive to make the D7E so maneuverable that it can perform both uninterrupted power turns under load and “locked-track” pivot turns. A dedicated D8?size steering pump delivers improved performance. The electric drive system is highly efficient at delivering engine power to the ground, and an infinitely variable speed control means smooth operations with no gears to shift.
The D7E uses a three-part, aluminum bar core radiator for charged air, jacket water and the separate circuit. The single-plane design allows for easier cleaning and a 6-fins-per-inch design helps reduce plugging. A molded shroud ensures efficient air flow and the fan utilizes lightweight, durable blades for high efficiency and quiet operation. In cooler conditions, the hydraulic demand fan reduces speed to conserve power, save fuel and decrease sound levels. An optional reversing fan is available for high debris conditions.
New standard feature reduces track slip for improved productivity and reduced undercarriage wear.
Stable Blade Control
Standard Stable Blade Control complements operator input to automatically make instantaneous adjustments for smoother grading results with less effort.
When in use, Economy Mode automatically adjusts engine speed when machine is not under load to save you fuel. The operator’s selected machine speed is maintained.
Load Sensing Hydraulics
Field-proven system senses the load and continuously adjusts hydraulic power to maximize your work tool efficiency.
Comfort and productivity
The D7E features a quiet, spacious cab. The center-post design gives you outstanding visibility all around the machine to help operators work more confidently and safely. Operators can also enjoy added comforts like manually adjustable armrests and a heated/ventilated seat option. The in-dash display monitors machine conditions in real time. Mount a grade control system display in the dash to put working information conveniently in front of the operator. A new in-cab main fall/cross slope display shows you real-time grade percentage during slope work. A single-unit cab-mounted heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) system is self contained and powered by the accessory power converter for more efficient cooling.
Implement and Steering Controls
- Ergonomic controls are fully adjustable and designed for low-effort comfort. Switches and controls for various systems are located within easy reach of the operator.
- Speed recall feature allows operators to pre-set the desired forward and reverse travel speed, and then resume that speed simply by pressing a button.
- Implement Lock-Out prevents inadvertent operation of hydraulic attachments.
Proven, integrated solutions
Emissions reduction technology on the D7E is designed to be transparent, with no action required from the operator. Regeneration runs automatically in the background while you work.
Caterpillar designed earlier models with Tier 4 Final/Stage IV/Japan 2014 (Tier 4 Final) standards in mind. To meet the additional 80 percent reduction in NOx emissions, Caterpillar engineers added Selective Catalytic Reduction (SCR) to the already proven aftertreatment solution.
Diesel Exhaust Fluid
Selective Catalytic Reduction utilizes Diesel Exhaust Fluid (DEF), which can be conveniently refilled when you refuel. A gauge on the dash shows your fluid level. The D7E offers excellent fluid efficiency. Across a variety of applications, the D7E typically has used DEF at a rate of 2-2.5 percent of fuel consumption. When the machine is turned off, a pump will automatically purge the DEF lines to help prevent freezing. A symbol on the dash and a light/symbol on the Ground Level Service Center indicate when the purge is complete and that it is safe to turn off the electrical disconnect. If the engine/aftertreatment temperatures are high, a Delayed Engine Shutdown will activate automatically to cool the machine and then purge the lines. For complete aftertreatment information, please refer to your machine’s Operation and Maintenance Manual.
Monitor, manage and enhance job site operations
Cat Connect makes smart use of technology and services to improve your job site efficiency. Using the data from technology equipped machines, you’ll get more information and insight into your equipment and operations than ever before. Cat Connect technologies offer improvements in these key areas: Equipment Management – increase uptime and reduce operating costs. Productivity – monitor production and manage job site efficiency. Safety – enhance job site awareness to keep your people and equipment safe. Featured Cat Connect technologies include:
LINK technologies wirelessly connect you to your equipment giving you access to essential information you need to know to run your business. LINK data can give you valuable insight into how your machine or fleet is performing so you can make timely, fact-based decisions that can boost job site efficiency and productivity.
Product Link is deeply integrated into your machine, helping you take the guesswork out of equipment management. Easy access to timely information like machine location, hours, fuel usage, idle time and event codes via the online VisionLink user interface can help you effectively manage your fleet and lower operating costs.
GRADE technologies combine digital design data, in-cab guidance, and automatic controls to enhance grading accuracy, reduce rework, and lower costs related to production earthmoving and rough, fine and finish grade applications.
AccuGrade is a dealer-installed aftermarket grade control system that provides higher accuracy capabilities by adding laser, GPS and UTS technology when required. The factory AccuGrade Ready Option provides optimal mounting locations, brackets, and hardware and simplifies installation. Deep Integration optimizes machine and system performance to maximize productivity.
Equipped for the Job
Optimize your machine
The D7E features a robust, single lift cylinder design. L-shaped push arms give you an advantage over diagonal brace designs by bringing the blade closer to the machine. This gives you better balance, stability, maneuverability and blade penetration.
Semi-Universal, Universal, Straight and Angle blades are designed with a strong box section to stand up to the most severe applications. Heavy moldboard construction, hardened bolt-on cutting edges and end bits add strength and durability. Dual Tilt option is available on S/SU/U blades for more productive dozing. Specialty blades are also available for waste, coal and wood chip applications.
The D7E undercarriage is designed for performance in a wide range of applications. Enhanced visibility, especially to the sides, is only one of the many benefits of this highly efficient undercarriage system. D10-size sprocket bearings offer added durability. Shock loads are directed through the roller frame to reduce wear and tear on the machine – and on the operator. The Heavy Duty undercarriage components are designed for extended wear life in abrasive conditions and rocky or uneven terrain. Choose a Standard arrangement for versatility in a variety of soil conditions, or the Low Ground Pressure (LGP) configuration with increased track contact area for improved stability and excellent flotation in soft ground conditions.
To help you match your dozer to the task at hand, you can outfit your D7E with a multi-shank ripper, winch, drawbar or rear counterweight. Ask your Cat dealer for available options to help you optimize your machine for the work you do.
Purpose-built for performance
The D7E is especially popular in Waste and Stockpile applications because of its maneuverability and demonstrated fuel efficiency advantages. Equip your purpose-built machine from the factory to handle the unique challenges of landfill, coal and wood chip work. Special blades and track shoe offerings let you optimize the machine for the job.
D7E WH LGP Waste Handler
- Specialized guarding, striker bars and seals help protect the machine from impact and airborne debris.
- Purpose-built heavy duty final drive guarding help prevent wire, cables, rope and debris from wrapping into the final drive seals.
- Heavy duty sealed bottom guards protect the engine and power train system.
- Reversing fan and single plane cooling cores with 6 fins per inch are ideal for high debris environments. Easy access clean out.
- Insulated Clean Emissions Module for thermal protection.
- Lights are mounted up and away from main debris area for protection, while still giving you plenty of light on the work area.
- Specialized air handling features help deliver cleaner air to the machine and to the cab.
- Specialized guarding and seals help protect the machine from damage and debris build-up.
- Single-plane cooling package for cooling efficiency, reduced plugging and easier clean-out. Hydraulic demand fan offers efficient cooling and reverses to reject debris.
- Insulated Clean Emissions Module and thermal shields.
- Additional features like a turbine precleaner and roof-mounted filter help protect both the machine and the operator in high debris conditions.
Serviceability and Customer Support
When uptime counts
Ease of Service
The D7E redefines serviceability. With easy access to service points, fewer moving parts and longer service intervals, the D7E can significantly reduce total owning and operating costs. A tilt cab allows easy access to modular major components, such as generator, propulsion module, power electronics and hydraulics. The heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) system is self contained for improved performance, increased service intervals and ease of serviceability. Service points are grouped on the left side of the machine for quick and easy routine maintenance. Ground-level sight gauges let you inspect fluid levels at a glance. Modular final drives can be easily accessed for maintenance. The optional high-speed oil change attachment can help make servicing even faster. And for quick undercarriage cleanouts on the go, a new shovel mounting bracket has been added to the back of the machine.
Ground Level Service Center
You can reach the ground level service center on the left fender without setting foot on the machine, giving easy access to the battery disconnect, hour meter, remote engine shutdown and access light switches. It also houses an LED warning indicator showing that the power train and accessory systems are energized. When the systems are de?energized and safe for maintenance, the indicator turns off.
Cat EMSolutions (Equipment Management Solutions)
EMSolutions lets you take control of your fleet with a solution specific to your equipment management needs. Comprehensive, technology-enabled equipment management – combined with the knowledge and expertise of your Cat dealer – can provide ways to help you achieve gains that go straight to your bottom line.
- Improve availability
- Reduce owning and operating costs
- Streamline maintenance practices
- Maximize equipment life
- Increase resale value
Renowned Cat Dealer Support
Knowledgeable Cat dealers have a global reputation for providing outstanding sales and service. Maximize your equipment investment with a Customer Support Agreement tailored to meet your business needs. Take advantage of preventive maintenance programs like Custom Track Service, Scheduled Oil Sampling (S·O·SSM) analysis, and guaranteed maintenance contracts. Cat dealers can even help you with operator training to help boost your profits. When you need repairs, Cat dealers and our unmatched Caterpillar distribution network excel at getting you the right parts you need quickly. Many times the right part is a genuine Cat Reman part. Remanufactured parts offer you the same warranty and reliability as new parts at a fraction of the cost. The breadth of the Reman offering ensures cost effective repairs or rebuilds of your engine and hydraulic components on the D7E. Rebuilt electric drive components such as the APC and Inverter are also currently available with additional options in the works. Caterpillar strives to provide customers the lowest owning and operating costs over the life of their machine.
Designed with protection in mind
- New pull-down ladder provides convenient access for fueling and to the back of the machine.
- New seat belt indicator registers a fault code through Product Link if the operator fails to buckle up, helping to improve your job site safety.
- Center-post cab with angled doors offers excellent visibility to help operators work more safely.
- Rear vision camera is available to enhance visibility behind the machine.
- Standard Operator Presence detection system allows the machine to idle when the operator is not seated, but locks out the power train and front implements to avoid unintentional movement.
- Convenient steps and handles help you get on and off the tractor with greater ease. Access lighting can be turned on from a ground level switch.
Built for the next generation
- Meets Tier 4 Final/Stage IV/Japan 2014 (Tier 4 Final) emission standards.
- Up to 30 percent more fuel efficient than the D7R2. Efficient use of Diesel Exhaust Fluid (DEF) gives you excellent overall fluid efficiency.
- In the first four years of production, D7E customers saved more than 13.25 million liters (3.5 million gallons) of diesel fuel compared to the D7R2. Significant fuel savings means reduced emissions and lower costs.
- The D7E earned a 2009 Clean Air Excellence Award from the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency.
- Major components are built to be rebuilt, reducing waste and saving you money by giving your dozer a second – and even third – life.
- POWER TRAIN
- OPERATOR ENVIRONMENT
- OTHER STANDARD EQUIPMENT