How much electric power do you need for your home or small business?
As a facility manager or small business owner, you know better than anyone that electrical power is essential to your business. As a homeowner, you know that a power outage can be a major hassle and cause unnecessary costs. With the largest range of generator sets and a world-renowned dealer network, Caterpillar knows how to keep your business or home up and running during a power failure. Use this kVA/kW calculator to find out how much power you need.
Enter your electric power current needs in Amperes (amps).
- A two bedroom home might use about 30 Amps and a three-bedroom home, about 45 Amps.
- A small business might utilize around 50-100 amps.
Enter the voltage coming into your home or business.
- Most residential applications have about 220 Volts (V) coming into the home.
- Most businesses have about 480 V.
Choose single-phase or three-phase.
- Houses are usually single-phase.
- Businesses are usually three-phase.