What it is:
Selective Catalytic Reduction (SCR) effectively removes most nitrogen oxide emissions (NOx) from engines. For all diesel and CAT 3400, 3500 and 3600 Series stationary gas engines, SCR is the most durable and reliable process to reduce NOx.
How it works:
The process eliminates more than 90 percent of NOx emissions by injecting urea, a non-hazardous ammonia solution, into the exhaust system. At temperatures above 300°C, urea mixes with the exhaust and allows the catalyst to break it down into nitrogen dioxide and water, eliminating most exhaust emissions in the process.
What it does:
- NOx reduction greater than 90% in open loop system
- NOx reduction greater than 95% in closed loop system
- Continuous monitoring of atmospheric conditions and engine parameters
- Caterpillar Warranty of 1-year or 8,000 hours of operation from time of sale
- Optimum product support and system integration provided by your CAT dealer
- Stainless steel construction for longer life
- Limited maintenance coincides with regular engine maintenance