TEMPORARY NETWORK SUPPORT SPECIALIST
Administration Divison / Pleasant Grove (CO-OP College Program)
Responsible for analyzing all hardware at all facilities, creating component inventory, ensuring all computers meet minimum requirements, requesting orders to be placed through proper channels, installing components, upgrading all network equipment and wiring, color-coding, labeling, and photographing network equipment, providing computer/network layouts of all facilities, documenting all procedures utilized by performing the following duties:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work with IT personnel to perform all duties in department.
- Analyze all hardware for Holt of California at all facilities. This includes opening all equipment, analyzing existing components, cleaning and replacing components.
- Work with computer/network layout for all stores using existing basic floor plans of each facility.
- Install software on new or existing computers.
- Communicate with Network Support for equipment and upgrades company-wide.
- Use internal documentation to track equipment and perform updates.
- Holt of California will provide a computer and a Nextel cellular phone to assist in performing tasks.
- May be provided with secure access to some computers. Confidentiality must be followed.
- May be required to travel to other facilities.
- Requires good telephone and communication skills.
- Other duties may be assigned.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
College degree (Associates or Bachelors) or computer network technician training from a technical school preferred but not required.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Must have a valid California driver's license and a clear DMV driving record.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and fingers to handle and feel objects, tools, controls and to reach with hands and arms. The employee is also regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and sit.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.